Sunday, 25 November 2012
Yesterday, the weather was wet, dismal and dark, and the river has just about burst its banks, but we made the very best of the day and it was just great!
1. Persuade husband to walk through the rain and cold to Open Day at New Farm shop.
2. Stand in the pouring rain (well and under a gazebo) eating Venison Burgers and chatting to neighbours and friends also lending their support to this new venture in our village.
3. Browse through the superb cheeses, meats, pies, preserves, ice creams and Christmas floral decorations.
4. Enjoy the laughter and banter, actually helped by the appalling weather, and buy peppered salami, and horseradish cheddar cheese.
5. Wend our way home via the pub for a warming whisky and more chat with friends.
6. Arrive home, light the fire, feast on pea and ham soup and toast followed by the Formula 1 qualifying for husband and knitting my Ocean Throw for me. (Quite a lot bigger than this now, and may even be finished over the weekend - will post soon!!)
WHAT IS NOT TO LIKE ABOUT AN ENGLISH WINTER ??!!