Pages


Tranquility

Wednesday 9 January 2013

WORK IN PROGRESS - LEAF SQUARES




These are the sublime yarns I am using on my current project, my Leaf Squares Throw.  


Most of these yarns were a really lovely gift to me from my son's girlfriend.  I felt like a child in a sweet shop!  She searched them out for me in a yarn shop near to her home which was closing down - the good news is that it has since opened up again!



A Leaf Square on the way in sumptuous merino yarns.



One completed Leaf Square



And 4 joined together!

This pattern ,slightly adapted, is taken from a fantastic book called 200 Knitted blocks for blankets, throws and afghans by Jan Eaton.  You can just go on for ever mixing and matching the designs and colours and if you stitch as you go, the ending doesn't hang over you - I do find that many knitters I talk to are like me, and really DO NOT LIKE sewing up!  Are you the same ?

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment