Pages


Tranquility

Friday 4 January 2013

NEW YEAR, NEW IDEAS


First of all a Very Happy New Year to Everyone and a very big thank you to anyone who has taken the time to read my blog during 2013.

I just had to show you the stunning pic above taken by my husband at the end of our last Hand-Crafted Home Fair in December, of the sun setting across Stanwick Lakes.  This gives you some idea of our wonderful venue, and in 2013 things are going to be even bigger and better.

The team at Stanwick Lakes, which is run by the Rockingham Forest Trust, are giving me their backing in advertising my Fairs within their schedules, making my stallholders and I much more a part of the whole instead of my just hiring a room from them + we will be having extra stalls in the Reception area of the Visitor Centre.

The Hand-Crafted Home Fairs will now be held on the second Saturday of every month (except January) with the first taking place on Saturday 9th February - for which I am now taking bookings.

I will also be holding a Craft Workshop on Friday 26th April for Knitting Beginners of which more later, and I will also be attending The Big Knit 2013 on 5th July in aid of Age UK organised by Innocent Drinks.




I have just popped in above a couple of pics of my Ocean Throw which I completed at the end of November.  The yarn is an acrylic/wool mix giving it softness, warmth and strength, and the colours really do reflect those of the sea.  It is super chunky and warm as I used three stands of double knitting yarn and broken rib pattern is a slight change to the norm.  Alfred Bear is quite keen on it too!  It will, of course, be for sale at my next Fair.

I would love to make more throws and do have another one in progress and I am also looking at making some handbags - and so you know where to come if you want something different!

As always PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL PRODUCERS and do come and see us at The Hand-Crafted Home Fairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment