Pages


Tranquility

Monday 9 April 2012

The HAND-CRAFTED HOME Fair


I know it is still technically Easter and I hope everyone is having a good one, but I now have other things on my mind - first most importantly that my husband of 38 years will be 60 tomorrow!  Oh where has the time gone?

Secondly, as you have seen on previous posts, I like to go to Craft Fairs to sell my wares, but have now embarked on the new project of organizing Fairs myself under my banner of The HAND-CRAFTED HOME Fair.

I will be holding my first Fair, which is explicitly for crafters to showcase their own hand-made wares at Aldwincle Village Hall, Main Street, Aldwincle, NN14 3EL on Saturday 26 May 2012 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

If the Fair is successful, I plan to hold Fairs at various Village Halls in the area on a regular basis.

The cost is £20 for a 6' long stall, with a couple of complimentary drinks and cakes to help sustain stallholders.

I know, as a crafter myself, I find it quite difficult to find places to sell my products and many fairs only seem to happen in the Spring and then Autumn up to Christmas.

I hope eventually, that I will be able to hold 1 fair per month progressing to 2 fairs per month throughout the year, excepting January.

If you or anyone you know would be interested in taking a stall and helping me to get this venture off the ground for the benefit of local crafters, please contact me via this blog or http://www.stallfinder.com/ for a Booking Form.

Enquiries are coming in steadily and so don't miss the boat if you would like a stall, and if not - come to visit us on the day!


6 comments:

  1. Hello. Happy birthday to your husband for tomorrow. Doesn't time pass so quickly. I will be celbrating my 20th wedding anniversary this year - it seems like yesterday when I walked down the aisle!
    How wonderful that you are organising your own fair - I will put the date in my diary.
    Take care. Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorraine

    Thank you so much for your good wishes and yes, life sure does go quickly.

    I seem to have spent an awful lot of mine working in offices between bringing up the boys, which was fine, but I do love creating and, am told, I am a great organiser and so after a great deal of thought and a positive chat with my sister-in-law I decided to give the fair a go. Interest is coming in steadily. I do hope you will be able to come and if so, do come and have a word - and spread the word too!!!
    Bye for now

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your Fair!
    I am wondering if you would care to look at this site:
    http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com.au/
    as I feel you have similar values. There are some wonderful tips and you can join a forum via this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I am really quite excited about it and seem to be getting a lot of interest. I have a stall at another one tomorrow, so will see how that goes. Thank you for the link - I will have a look - trouble is, I can spend all day reading blogs !!!

      Delete
  4. Hello Ruth, I hope Bill had a lovely birthday, will hopefully be at the craft fair this weekend xx love to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate. He did have a good day and it will be lovely to see you at Brigstock. Lots of love.

      Delete