Pages


Tranquility

Thursday 6 June 2013

YORKSHIRE AND FAIRS

After a few days away in North Yorkshire where - as you can see from the pics - the weather was mixed!  I have come home refreshed and ready to go again - much helped also by yesterday spent at Sketchley Grange Spa with my super sister-in-law - her birthday present to me! 


On the Steam Train from Pickering to Goathland - Do you remember this?


And the train comes in!


Whitby Harbour followed by glorious Fish and Chips!


Heavy seas at Scarborough - more like January than May!


Robin Hood's Bay - Bitterly cold, strong wind!


Saturday lunch in Helmsley - it felt like a different country!


Beautiful Hutton-le-Hole


The View from our Caravan

Just fantastic - no phone signal, not much radio signal and we don't do TV in the caravan and so a complete break.  Reading, walking, browsing, knitting for me of course, and a super pub just outside the entrance to the site.

What more could you want?

HOWEVER,  I am taking bookings now for my Hand-Crafted Home Fairs to be held at Stanwick Lakes from August to December and so if you are interested in taking a stall please contact me via the comments box  or via facebook or email.

See you all soon.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful, peaceful break. Must visit Whitby soon!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super - did you used to watch Heartbeat -I had a glass of wine in the Aidensfield Arms !!!!!

      Delete