Monday, 27 February 2012
As I said I would, then so I am - giving you the recipe for my Banana Nut Bread!
I must warn you that this is not a slimming recipe, but super for a winter weekend now and then, maybe after a walk! (Sorry I am a bit old fashioned and work in imperial measurements).
4 oz Margerine
7 oz Caster Sugar
10 oz Plain Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 oz Chopped Nuts
Cook at Gas Mark 4 for 60 - 65 minutes. (Actually in my oven it takes about 10 minutes longer - but do check.
1. Cream together the margerine and the sugar.
2. Beat the eggs and add to the above a little at a time. Beat well.
3. Mash the bananas and add to the mix. Beat well.
4. Add flour, baking powder and salt to the mix and fold in with a metal
5. Stir in the chopped nuts.
6. Cook in a 2lb Loaf tin as set out above.
7. Leave to cool slightly before turning out and then serve sliced and spread
with a little butter.