Pages


Tranquility

Monday 27 February 2012

Cake



As I said I would, then so I am - giving you the recipe for my Banana Nut Bread!

I must warn you that this is not a slimming recipe, but super for a winter weekend now and then, maybe after a walk!  (Sorry I am a bit old fashioned and work in imperial measurements).

4 oz Margerine
7 oz Caster Sugar
2 Eggs
3 Bananas
10 oz Plain Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 oz Chopped Nuts

Cook at Gas Mark 4 for 60 - 65 minutes.  (Actually in my oven it takes about 10 minutes longer - but do check.

METHOD

1.  Cream together the margerine and the sugar.

2.  Beat the eggs and add to the above a little at a time.  Beat well.

3.  Mash the bananas and add to the mix.  Beat well.

4.  Add flour, baking powder and salt to the mix and fold in with a metal
     spoon.

5.  Stir in the chopped nuts.

6.  Cook in a 2lb Loaf tin as set out above.

7.  Leave to cool slightly before turning out and then serve sliced and spread
     with a little butter.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment